the bottom of the basket

I am staying in a bit more this year and I am reaching deep into the craft basket.  I have high (delusional) hopes, that the craft basket will be empty by the time we move in 9 months..





A baby quilt for a friend…put on hold for a long while during the sewing machine fiasco of 2014.  I still love my new Swedish machine though.  Super love!  I made up the quilt, one side is a bunch of 4 inch squares from a charm pack I bought off ebay a million years ago and the back is random 'modern' squares of a different charm pack which were leftovers from another project.  'Modern' here means totally random as I had all different sizes of remnants left.  Making due, isn't that what expat life is all about?

The mess of knitting is a Danish modular wrap - that I started over a year ago and ripped out.  Take 2 seems to be going much more smoothly.

And the ice skates made of dreamy felt.  More Alicia.  Again, cut out last year and sitting at the very bottom of the basket.  This will be their year!

I wonder what else is hidden away waiting to be finished up?  This week I think I will dig it all out and get going.  Let's hope I have enough tea to keep it up!

No comments