how to become an even more obnoxious dinner guest

I love school.  I love learning new things.  Being an EFM at the posts we have been at, has not always made this easy.  True, I did really enjoy Chinese lessons for 2 1/2 years.  I super enjoyed puppy school with our labrador while we were in Ottawa.  But Moscow is hard.  I am pretty sure if I asked permission to anything, and I do mean anything, I know what the answer would be.

So I have gone back to my roots.  The musical ones.  Right now I am taking a MOOC (Massive Open Online Class) through coursera.org.  This particular course is run by two professors at the Curtis Institute, where I almost went to college, I didn't because there may have been something with a high school musician boyfriend…I am hazy on the details.  Anyway, you don't have to have a degree in conducting from a major American conservatory to take a MOOC.  They have Chinese for Beginners, The Bilingual Brain, Unlocking the manuscripts of Medieval Spain, The American South.  All of these sound so interesting!  I wish there was more time in a day!

Now if you want to know anything about Beethoven piano sonatas, the un-normalized elementary child, Ukrainian mail order brides or the basics of Waldorf doll making, invite me to dinner! I am an expert on all of them - I could write for a magazine….or bore the pants off you!

No comments