6 months to the day



This has been the dullest 6 months of my life.

 But yesterday, which marked our 6 months at post, I heard as interesting/fun story. From my local doctor. Back in the Yugoslav days, he and his brother were drivers for the American Reading Room. Um okay? Why? Because they learned to drive as high school students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. On automatic cars. The American Reading Room owned a giant bus of an American station wagon and no one else wanted to drive it. I thought this was weird, since an automatic is easier than the manual cars they all drive here, but it is a thing, as our housekeeper told me she could NEVER drive an automatic car. Weird. So back in the day two Yugoslav brothers who were doing pre med at a local university, were the official drivers for the American Reading Room in Skopje, Yugoslavia.


No comments